Hackathon update: Want drones with that?
It’s been just under a week now since the Contest portion of the Apple TV App Challenge closed, and we were glad to see so many great submissions, including games and utility apps. We’ve made it clear that we’re betting on a bright future for Apple TV — the apps we’ve seen from the Contest only reinforce our conviction that developers will deliver when it comes to building smart, sticky apps that will transform TV as we know it.
So now we’re looking forward to seeing what developers who attend the tvOS Hackathon on April 16-17 come up with. if you need an incentive to sign up, remember that we’re offering two Hackathon winners $5,000 each.
In addition to the $5,000 cash prizes, our sponsors are contributing some exciting rewards for great builds:
Here’s the lowdown on what winners can look forward tot:
- Twitter will give $500 to the app with the best use of Digits SDK.
- Kochava is offering a PhoneDrone Ethos to four teams or individuals to recognize best use of its SDK.
- Gitlab will reward the best team or individual’s use of open source tech with a DJI Phantom 3 Professional drone.
- Riffsy will hand out $1,000 in Apple Store gift cards for the best use of its API.
- AppsFlyer has an Amazon Tap in store for every team member who builds the “most insightful in-app event” (more details on that to come!).
You can also look forward to terrific swag from our sponsors (as well as the requisite super comfy Apple TV App Challenge t-shirt from AppLovin).
As for food and drink, Hackathon attendees will be supplied all weekend long. Beer! Coffee! Kombucha! Red Bull! Pizza! Prime rib! Tortellini! Sandwiches!
Register now if you haven’t already, and get set for a memorable weekend.