Resources for tvOS developers
At AppLovin, we’ve been keeping a close eye on the many resources that are emerging for developers working with tvOS; doing so is clearly important given how quickly the new platform is evolving.
Chances are you’ve already taken a look at Apple’s official tvOS documentation, but here are a few resources I’ve come across that are useful if you want to drill down deeper:
- “How to build an Apple TV App”, an hour-long video on YouTube, offers a thorough introduction as well as good guidance on common pitfalls.
- The blog iOS Life offers a very detailed tutorial on how to make a video app with Swift.
- Also on YouTube, a developer took the time to share a useful 8-minute video covering how to use AppLovin SDK with tvOS and Swift. (You’ll find info about our tvOS integration here).
- Then there are a couple of useful offerings from Twitter’s Fabric, namely Digits, which offers a workaround to having to enter a confirmation code into the TV itself, and Crashlytics for tvOS app analytics.
- If you’re integrating your app with Facebook with Facebook Login, Share to Facebook, or Facebook Analytics for Apps, then be sure to download the SDK and read the documentation here.
- App Annie’s tvOS app rankings offer crucial information so you can stay on top of your competitors and see which categories offer fertile ground for new apps.
Have you come across other resources you’ve found helpful as you work with tvOS? Let us know on Twitter!